Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

life and death.

This week has been very interesting to say the least.
 Tuesday I began "work" at a new office. I was told to dress nicely for my first day because I would be going with a fellow co-worker to an appointment at YSL.

I arrived the following morning (early like I usually do)..met my contact and he told me in French we would leave in 10 minutes. I quickly discovered this man does not speak English..not a word..not even hello.

I had no idea what his position was but assumed he handled production or something to that matter.
He offered me a coffee before we left the building and went to his car. We drove about 10 minutes while I attempted to speak to him in French. I said the following:

The weather is very very nice today.
Yesterday it rained.
I love YSL make-up.
I am from NYC.
I love almond croissants.
My dogs name is Higgins from Magnum P.I.
I live in Montmartre.
My favorite color is red.
My current roommate is French and crazy but in September I will live alone.

The Paris office of YSL was awesome. They spoke to me in English about the work I would do on the images..but in the while I could not stop looking at all the cosmetics and hang bags that were everywhere!!! 
!!!love love love YSL!!!

The meeting went well overall and then the man and I got in his car and went back to the office. 

 When I walked in, a woman who spoke excellent English introduced herself to me and said:

"Did you have a good meeting at YSL with the boss?"

OMG

I had no idea. He must think I am nuts...why didn't anyone tell me he was the boss? My blog name "Pazza in Paris" remains true to this day.
Pazza meaning crazy in Italian. (Thank you Shoogs .#)

And tomorrow I will be going with the boss again to YSL. What will I talk about? 

The bebe pigeons outside my window?
Maybe...Maybebe


mother

 
Popper

Popper and Pill




Rest in Peace, Cousin Patty.



No comments:

Post a Comment