Blog Archive

Monday, July 4, 2011

What's for breakfast?

Well, I don't know about you but today I woke up around and marched right to the bakery for a Pain au Chocolat. 


No almond croissants today. 
As I was eating my breakfast I looked out the window and Pill and Popper were also enjoying their petit dejeuner.




Regurgitated food, anyone? Recycling at it's finest.


Yesterday, one lil chick got a little too close to the edge...I was so scared..but there are still two birds...yeah! I never liked NYC pigeons but I am attached. I admit it. They have a better life style here and it shows!

+++

Something about the French translating English. Please tell me if I am wrong but I never said "Take Care" to anyone in NYC unless I was breaking up with someone...in the midst of a fight...and storming out of the apartment while shouting, "Take Care!"..meaning, I won't be seeing "you" anytime soon.

I felt weird the first time I went out for drinks with a French man and at the end of the evening he said, "Take Care." I thought, oh dear, what did I do wrong?... Only to have him call me the next day. So I guess he really meant, "take care"...but in the States we say "be careful, see you later, text me when you get home, blah blah blah.

So last night I went out with a girl who is French and we went dancing and running around town near the Champs Elysees. Oh, how my life has changed for the better! I had a lot of fun while practicing my French with the frenchies. There was one guy there who looked like he could be Richard Gere's super hot son.

He was friends with my friend and we hung out with him all night. His English was really good so that was helpful because it is difficult understanding French over loud music.

The night came to an end...we said our good-byes...I got two kisses on the cheek and a "Take Care"...I just laughed.

Note to self....come home earlier so I don't have to take a cab which cost me $25.00 euro....yikes!

To my Grandma, "Don't worry about me...I'm in good hands here in Paris!"

HAPPY 4th of JULY!














No comments:

Post a Comment