Blog Archive

Monday, October 10, 2011

Don't Rain on My Parade

This weekend was the parade for the celebration of the Vendages...the vineyard in Montmartre. (I think :)
Regardless, it was interesting.

There is a president of Montmartre and the society and on special occasions they wear capes and medallions. The first time I saw them I thought they were priests so I asked the owner of the cafe if that was true. His English is not very good so he just shook his head no and said "It's Montmartre crazies."

I'm still not exactly sure what the whole story is but I know they raise money for poor children. (I think ;)


The parade went right past my apartment with music, dancers and costumes.





this would be a great halloween costume in the states


who is this dude?

i love happy shiny people

this guy was serious
this guy, not so much
tempting, i feel the beat

 I want that horse balloon.
Parade is over.

After the parade was finished I made my way to Au Reve to see what characters were there and let's just say they were enjoying themselves.




 always a party at the Reve
 owner of Au Reve
neighborhood plumber...no joke


Now it's a depressing rainy Monday in Paris...guess you cant have it all.
I'm off to the computer store one more time to pick up my old hard drive from my computer and hopefully everything is still intact.
iFingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment