Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No news is good news?

So I have not felt much like writing lately...I have too much time on my hands as I am waiting for my work visa...so I study French online 2 hours a day, I go to french classes and I go to the cafe to speak to people who don't speak English. And what happens after a day of studying and working on my photography and somebody speaks to me in French and I don't understand? I want to cry. Why don't I understand you?
I tell them politely in French, Je ne comprend pas. 
And they laugh. 
And I want to cry more.
Je besoin plus temp. I need more time.
So I leave the cafe and I take Higgins on a walk and I try to clear my head. 
And my only revelation was...the next time you meet someone in your country who is a foreigner...and has moved to your country to learn more about your culture and learn your language...no matter what age they are...you look them in the eye...you take them in your arms ...and you hug them..and you tell them how proud of them you are.
...because making this change has been the best and worst experience of my life...and right now I feel very alone...and if I had one person tell me how proud they were of me at this moment it would put that smile back on my face. 
Can you do that for someone today?
Because I will not quit now. I will not quit until I have accomplished my dream.




1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Melissa! I think it's amazing what you're doing. I miss Paris :)

    ReplyDelete