Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Last night I dreamt of a pink spider.

Creepy. 
I was in my apartment looking for Higgins and realized this big, bulbous pink spider spinning a web in my kitchen.


As soon as I woke up I googled "pink spider dreams"...and even though it sounds more like a new teenage  sitcom on the CW, last night it was my sweet dream or beautiful nightmare.

After investigation I learned the following:

To see a spider spinning a web in your dream, signifies that you will be rewarded for your hard work. 
You will soon find yourself promoted in your job or recognized for your achievement in a difficult task. 
Spiders are a symbol of creativity due to the intricate webs they spin. 


Ok, not so bad. 
To soon be rewarded for this crazy adventure of moving to Pairs without speaking the language or having a job  is something that is always good to hear considering some days I ask myself,

"What am I doing?"
Que fais-je?

So I decided to reward myself this morning with a little trip to the boulangerie. 

And viola..introducing the cravate.

Cravate in French means "tie".

Yet this is no ordinary tie.....


I mean seriously???
YUM

And how do the french eat some many delicious pastries,  breads and cheeses without weighing 800 pounds? Or kilos rather...

Becasue they eat in moderation, walk a lot, and don't have the option to supersize their plates.

I just had this thought that if baguettes were as popular in the states as they are in France, I am sure there would be a world's largest baguette.



Need I say more?





No comments:

Post a Comment