Blog Archive

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

What a whirlwind weekend.
My friend from NYC arrived Thursday morning..on Thanksgiving...but I had to work. No Thanksgiving in Paris ;(
But my company was nice enough to let me leave around 4 pm so I could celebrate with my friend.
Since there was not much time for cooking and I am not not best known for my skills in the kitchen we decided anything we bought in Paris would taste much better then anything we tried to cook in my oven...which happens to be a toaster over. 
So a trip around the neighborhood..and viola..dinner was ready.

Rotisserie chicken with potates
leafy greens
baguette withd 3 kinds of cheeses
an assortment of pastries and wine


Zinari does the honors of cuttung the turkey...I mean chicken. 



We shopped for cheese and the local cheese shop and the first time I went there I could not speak French...and the woman does not speak English.
Well this time I told the woman, in French, I would like 3 small cheeses and if she mind choosing for us. What a great feeling when she opened up and rolled out the red carpet for us because we spoke the language. I was so happy.
 It was cheesy.



My mother has hosted Thanksgiving for the last 22 years. And the only way you can really miss the holiday is if you are 
a. in the hospital or 
b. out of the country.

Thankfully, I am the latter.

And though I really missed being there this year, I was on skype with them during the traditional prayer before the meal.

 Me showing my family part of my Thanksgiving baguette.
 My beautiful mother on the left..she's the best.
My brother who I dearly missed this year...though he still knows how to push my buttons. :)

My Grandma wore stripes to honor the French..so cute. Hi Brucie and David!!

The connection was not the greatest that day because I think everyone was trying to Skype but it was worth it.
And I have to admit I shed alittle tear afterward because I felt sad. But Zinaria and I had a great time and wrapped up the evening by watching Twilight...again :)

Higgins after the meal....this is how we felt too.


Part 2 of Thansgiving weekend coming soon.
Which involves more food and strolling around Paris. 

But right now off to meet a good friend for what's becoming our traditional Sunday cooffee. 
I love traditions.




No comments:

Post a Comment