Blog Archive

Friday, August 5, 2011

It's the perfect start to the weekend.

It has been raining on and off all day...and I mean raining!!!!

My friend from work brought 15 movies on a hard drive for me to take home because I mentioned I had nothing to watch. 
Now I have too much ;)
But what a nice gesture. There are good people here...really good people.

After work I had a drink in the cafe and the rain was coming down..of course, because it was Paris it was such a romantic feeling. 
I'm feeling back on top again. Even in the rain.

Now I am at home eating mozzarella and tomatoes and OMG it tastes so good!

I was talking to my friend about my experiences in the boulangerie and we came to the conclusion, the boulangerie is my beautiful nightmare here. 
Why? 
Because for some reason they never understand me. For example, two times last week and went in the morning (pre-coffee) and ordered one chocolate croisssant.
"Je voudrais un pain au chocolat, SVP"

The woman said something to me in French right after which I did not understand so I said, "OUI"...
My first mistake.
She proceeded to put several chocolate croissants into a bag. Oh well.

The following day, same thing. So I asked my friend how my pronunciation was....and she said it sounds like maybe you want 12. 
I said "YES" but not all today.
We laughed.

So today for lunch, I marched to the boulangerie for a sandwich...just a sandwich....I pointed to the second sandwich in the row and asked, 
"Je voudrais un deuxième sandwich, SVP.

I got two sandwiches.

Better than nothing I guess.

So tonight I decided to give myself a break and finish off this delicious cheese and tomates...and they are delicious. 

Tomorrow is Saturday so finally a day to relax and sleep a bit which I need more of.  
 I will try to sleep and have a coffee before going to the  boulangerie tomorrow moring and see how it goes. 


I am pretty sure I will not leave empty handed.

;)











No comments:

Post a Comment