Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fast train to Saintes...warning...picture explosion ahead.

So this past weekend I took the train with a friend to Saintes...on the west coast of France. Four hours and 2 coffees later, we arrived in the middle of now where. 
It was paradise.


A mutual friend picked us up at the train station and we stayed the weekend in his parents house which used to be a monastery. 
It used to house a private prison, a large kitchen/bakery, chapel, cemetery and vast gardens.
the entrance...
the prison


Our friend told us his father was doing construction on the house a few years ago and discovered a skeleton... so several scientists came out for a year and eventually uncovered 47 skeletons. 
The youngest being a 7 year old boy which you can see on the far right.



This is where I slept for 3 nights ; )..perfect timing while reading "The Spirits Book."

We had a great time eating too many carbs, playing cards, hanging by the beach and even going to the zoo on a rainy day.




 no one was on the beach...it was our own private paradise


 omg



I really wanted to this to be a beach and animal explosion trip and that's exactly what I got.

 that face ;)






 I wanted to take him home...or put a hat on him.


 Most people fed the animals popcorn you could buy there but we brought carrots
...and they were a big hit.






 J'adore turtles!!!!

The last day of trip we went to a town called Talmont...a small village by the sea..it was very cute and quaint.






My clock now says 0:00...which means it's time for bed...because tomorrow evening I am off to Scotland for 4 days....and preparing my camera for round two of image overload. 
I can't wait.

Thank you my dear friends for a wonderful weekend away from it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment