Blog Archive

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Part 1&2

Last weekend was Christmas but it already feeles like ages ago.

I took the train to Aix en Provence with Higgins to stay with my NY agent Daniele  
and her family.

Danielle's father is a videographer and he likes to record everything...and I mean everything.
So I had to photograph him too.  :)


From the dinner, to the kids opening presents on Christmas, the man working in the boulangerie, and walks through the town were directed by him. 

He was making his own French movie.

Here are some clips... I can't wait to see his final piece.

 This poor guy...he was a good sport...because we were there for more than bread. 
ACTION!

 Daniele's husband cooking in the kitchen.
It's getting HOT in here.

Christmas morning. The action never stops.

The night before the kids left cookies and milk out for Santa.



And the next morning....


Santa only had milk and one biscotti...I guess this means Santa is Italian???


My favorite moment....a homemade gift made by young Darby for her aunt and uncle....

 Everyone needs a pigeon feather and some shells and rocks...so cute!



After too much food and wine, as usual....




...we had a walk around the village.

 Prettier in person...very scenic.


 Beautiful streets.
Daniele's father helping this car get out of a jam...(yes, it was a woman driver.)


Higgins made a lot of new friends on this trip...and some of his new friends loved him a little too much :)

 Higgins dreaming of better days ahead....
 This is better...
 Help me, MOM!
Is it time to go yet? :)

It was a very short but very nice visit with a very loving family and I was happy to be included...thanks Daniele and family!


Higgins puts his sweater on because it's off to the train station for part 2.


PART 2

Next stop, a small village outside Avignon to met Laurent and his family.



Our room for 2 nights....


This group consisited of French, Americans, Columbians, and Mexicans. Awesome.

Laurent's mother was an amazing cook and the house was beautiful!

More food and wine and walks through the village.

 Higgins guarding the potatoes.
 Very nice group of people.

 Every meal was amazing!

 I love street signs in other countries...I don't know why.
The house behind with the blue shutters is where I stayed.


And once again, Higgins made more friends.

 Higgins helping in the kitchen...when he was not trying to get into bed with everybody.
 He slept for 2 days straight after this long weekend.
 Every little girl needs a dog.

It's time to get ready for my New Years party tonight....what will this year have in store?

I can't wait to find out.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!

No comments:

Post a Comment